Monday, July 18, 2011

Wuthering Heights

Hello fellow bloggers,
Well today was a wonderfully bright but scorchingly hot day out. This morning I went to church and then went out to lunch with some new friends, my parents and my cousin Dave. It was a great time. This couple we went with - they are absolutely amazing. Inspiring and hilarious. Story after story had me either wanting to be like them or laughing completely. If I could use one word to describe how they are... it would be `Free`.

Tonight I watched Wuthering Heights (by Emily Bronte) with my Mom. It was on TV and my Mom knew that I`ve been trying to read the book. So she thought that I would want to watch the movie because it might help having some faces to put to some names. It did for sure. Now when I think of Cathy and Heathcliffe I can picture the love, anger, pain and joy that the author is trying to convey through words. I think I love it more now that I`ve seen the movie. The emotion is just so raw and real. Yes, I know...it was just a movie.


"It would degrade me to marry Heathcliff now; so he shall never know how I love him: and that, not because he's handsome, Nelly, but because he's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same; and Linton's is as different as a moonbeam from lightning, or frost from fire." (Catherine) - Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights, Ch. 9

"Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being."
- Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights, Ch. 9

This story has me questioning a bit... do people love so fiercely in real life as these characters do... I hope so! I really hope so.


As a follow up to that, I decided to put up a card that kinda reminds me of a dress that might`ve been worn in the movie or that time period. Here it is...


I just loved the boldness of the blue ribbon with the softer blue paper in the background. And the lace.... oh la la... I love the lace. And the paper punched with Martha Stewart`s lace punch is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to add to a card. The button is an old button that I found somewhere. Doesn`t it kind of have a Anne of Green Gables or Pride & Prejudice kind of feel... I think so.

Here`s a close up of the ribbon and button...



Well thank you for dropping by and please feel free to leave me a comment! I appreciate them so much!



No comments: