Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Way Back Into Love

Hello my fellow bloggers!

Okay so the fact that I'm even posting today is amazing. I have had a bad day. Maybe it was the rain, or just me getting down on not being able to walk, go anywhere or do anything I want to do. I was a complete range of emotions but I still wanted to share with you ... especially since the last time I blogged was Monday. YIKES!!

I have a few pictures I want to share. My sister was a sweetheart and gave me a pedicure (on my one foot that I hop on) and then did my nails. BUT my nails were so cool!!! She bought this new nail polish that crackles when it dries. So of course we did a bright pink on the bottom coat and then the crackle finish is black... awesome combo!! Check it out.

And then on Wednesday my other sister, Megan, had the day off! We planned to scrapbook and relax! I made a couple cards but the photo of the one didn't turn out so I only have the one picture to post. I like it. 

I used a journalling block for the centre part and added my sentiment from Stampin' Up's Always set...I think. The light blue dp was a scrap and then I used a clear stamp to stamp the border. I used a crocheted flower that I made and added a jewel brad that I stole (with her permission) from my sister. And I cut the leaves out from a piece of scrap paper. 

Now in my madness today I was sorting through some stuff from my room (which needs to be decluttered majorly) and I found a book that I've been wanting to read for awhile now. So I have put down my current read and switched it up for this one. 
I started it this afternoon and I'm already at the seventh chapter. I watched the beginning of this movie when I was at the dentist in February but the appointment wasn't long enough to watch the entire movie. So I plan on reading the book and then renting the movie if I like it. Which, so far, I do. 

The reason for my blog title today, I feel needs to be explained. I am watching the movie "Music and Lyrics" with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. In the movie they write a song titled "The Way Back Into Love" or something and I love it. It's such a funny movie - but I really just love any movie with singing in it. Ha ha. No seriously it's true. Sister Act & Sister Act 2 - Sound of Music - Mary Poppins. It also explains my current obsession with Glee - tons of singing!!! 

Okay well I feel a bit better now that I've shared all this with you. I hope to create some more cards tomorrow and hoping that it's a better day tomorrow. Whether it's raining or not. 

"And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down.
Without the rain, there would be no rainbow."
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Until tomorrow....

No comments: