Saturday, April 9, 2011

Vintage Union Jack Inspiration

LindsayLee here. Reporting once again from bed.... story of my life right now. BUT big news...after all of my begging all week (not annoying begging just asking) my amazing dad went up to my room and brought downstairs some of my scrapping stuff!!!!!! OH MY!!!! So thankful for him today and his heart! He said that he wanted to because it would make today a little bit different than every other day has been for the past six weeks!! I love my Dad!!  

Today the inspiration challenge IC279 on Splitcoast Stampers is to use an image of a product at Cox & Cox to make a card. I have chosen the Vintage Fabric Union Jack Cushion
as my inspiration. So I have used this cushion - I love the colours.



So I took the same pattern but making the X the more prominent and using similar colours and patterns of paper to create my card. I used My Minds Eye Kraft paper and tag and American crafts cardstock. The sentiment is a Studio G clear stamp that I stamped with black StazOn ink. To make the lace I used a Martha Stewart lace punch - love that!! I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed making the card below.... and participating in a challenge!!

I hope it's not blurry.... Anyways, I also took the next picture to show my cast a little bit...see my toes? Haha. And notice the three dining room chairs? Yes, my bed is in the dining room.


Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Very beautiful and I hope you are feeling better!!