Monday, April 11, 2011

Put A Little Heart In It

Good afternoon Blogland!

Recently my mom joined the world of blogging. And just like me she was unsure what to say, how to begin and how things worked. What I've come to realize is that my blog is just a way for me to communicate. Whether to people or just to myself later. In my mom's second blog entry, Passion, she asks, "What would you do with your time if you didn't HAVE to work?". Ironically, since I have broken my ankle I don't HAVE to work. Mind you I can't go anywhere either. So I have been thinking about what I would do...what I have been doing...and even maybe what I should do. I think that I've been doing pretty well. And doing things that I love. I've been reading, working on my family history, making cards (recently), visiting with friends and family, singing (okay maybe it's the same song over and over but it's stilll singing), watching some great shows on DVD, relaxing, and of course, blogging. I found a quote that I would like to share with you...

"Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it." Author unknown

My mom told me I should post the song that I keep singing over and over just so you get the idea. It is the song "Forget You" and it was featured on GLEE with special guest Gwenyth Paltrow singing it!! It's just my new favorite song... (BTW the full version of the song is on my playlist over there -------> )

Well the next bit of info I have for you today is that I did ANOTHER challenge today and I made TWO more cards!! So the challenge today on Splitcoaststampers was the Clean And Simple challenge where you have to make a simple card focusing on the design rather than the paper or the embellishments. And for this one we also had a bit of inspiration too. Our inspiration was this cute bib from Toys R Us.

The card I made has the bright colours of these bibs and the clean and simpleness that was required for the challenge...with a little glitter of course.
The bunny image is a House Mouse stamp that I coloured with my Tombo markers. The "enjoy" sentiment is a StudioG clear stamp. The cardstock is American Crafts and the dp is paper I got so long ago I don't know what it is. Probably from a Slab.


Even though I made my card for the day I was so inspired by the clean and simple way of making cards that I made a second one out of some scraps. Hope you like it.
This card is made from leftover papers from the other day...I thought it was My Minds Eye but I think I'm wrong. I'll have to check and get back to you. I used some stickles on the polka dotted journal block. I love it. As I close off I wanted to leave you with another quote I found...

"Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless."
- Jamie Paolinetti

No comments: