Sunday, April 10, 2011

Love You in Blue

Hey Blogland!!

What I am about to tell you may shock you...for the second day in a row I have not only made a card, but completed another challenge on Splitcoaststampers. WHOA!!!! YES!! And it was so fun! So today we were supposed to go to another stamper's gallery and CASE (copy and share everything) one of their cards. I picked Becky's "Daydreaming" card. I personally loved Becky's card. The colours, the layout, and the layering.


So I took her card as inspiration and copied the layering, the size, and I for the most part copied the layout as well. I added an embellishment and off-centred the sentiment and mid layer.

For my card "Love You in Blue" I used mostly My Minds Eye dp and then American Crafts brown cardstock. The sentiment was stamped with black StazOn on a square from a piece of My Minds Eye paper that had journalling squares on it. I coloured in the sentiment with my light blue Tombo marker. I crocheted the brown flower with embroidery floss and added the blue pearl brad to complete the card.

I wanted to get a close up of the flower so I thought I would share that with you too!! I made it today. So simple but adds so much to this card!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Absolutely love it!!