Monday, October 6, 2008

Creative Juices

Whoa! Who would've thought that as soon as my mom and I got our scrapbook/craft room set up that the creative juices would just flow! I haven't made cards in so long. As for a scrapbook layout, don't even ask when the last time was. You would be so ashamed. I have lots of supplies though. Endless some would say. I just can't help it...but honestly what true scrapbooker can resist the call of the newest papers or a pretty colored ribbon. So I have finally started to use some of my collection and create some cool things. I will post some pictures as I can.



I have been trying to focus on making some Christmas cards, as the sample in my previous post is proof of. It's not always easy to find inspiration. A great site that I am loving right now is splitcoaststampers.com. It is a forum type site where you can go and see galleries upon galleries of other peoples cards and scrapbooking projects among other things. They have daily challenges, great techniques and tutorials, and just fun in general. I have realized so many dreams just from surfing that site.



So today what is on my heart is just to keep dreaming. Dream of what you want to be, what you want to do, and where you want to go. I think at some point I was just living for this day. Forgetting that God wants us to dream. He wants us to live each day showing His glory, but who says that we can't do that by making beautiful things and enjoy doing it. Sounds like a dream to me.

Have a lovely day!

Lindsay

No comments: